GRAPHIC PHOTOS: Woman's Skin Begins To Peel Away After Getting New Tattoo
A woman has been left in a horrible state after getting a tattoo that turned out horribly wrong.
A mum was left with horrendous sores on her arm after a tattoo went horribly wrong, according to Daily Post UK.
The woman identified as Toni Mansfield was getting a pink rose on her right hand when the sad incident started.
Explaining how it began, the woman said it all started during the inking process skin began to peel away and she rushed herself to A&E.
The 28-year-old said the skin had become infected and the pain was unbearable.
Her hand had begun to swell during her second appointment at the Studio Thir13een parlour in Flint . Mum-of-three Ms Mansfield said she had tried to take legal action against the shop, but because she had signed a disclaimer before she had the work done, her solicitor advised her the case wasn’t likely to go anywhere.
The parlour said it was not responsible for the tattoo going wrong, claiming she may have had an allergic reaction to the ink.
But Ms Mansfield said when she had had the first session to get the outline done, there had been no problem.
She added: “For the next appointment I put on some numbing cream to help with the pain.
“About an hour in to having it done my hand started to swell and my skin started to come away.
“I started to feel really faint because the pain was so bad.
“I went to A&E because the pain was unbearable and I couldn’t put my arm down without it throbbing.
“They told me I might end up needing a skin graft because it was so infected.”
Ms Mansfield was put on a course of antibiotics to clear the infection.
“I went back to complain and they gave me a refund but the man who did the tattoo wouldn’t face me.
“Another man came out to give me the money and just said that ‘things happen’.
“They didn’t really seem to care at all.
“People have said it’s because I didn’t take care of the area after, but I have loads of tattoos - I know all about aftercare.”
Ms Mansfield, who lives in Flint, has now had another tattoo on her hand to cover up the “pink blob” left behind, despite being left “scared” of getting anymore tattoos for 10 months since the incident.
John Payne, 39, who co-owns the parlour with Bryan Stephens, 42, rejected the claims by Ms Mansfield.
Mr Payne said: “To me it looks like she’s had some sort of reaction to the ink used.
“This is rare but unfortunately it can happen.
“We gave her a refund which she seemed happy with at the time.
“We are under the impression that Ms Mansfield has tried to put in a claim against us but due to lack of evidence it hasn’t gone anywhere.
“This is an attack on us as a business and we are seeking legal advice.”
See photos below: